Face and Body: The main thing you should be doing is exfoliating your face and body. This allows a deeper penetration from your face wash because it scuffs of the dead and flakey skin. Exfoliating your face and body allows your face wash and lotions to penetrate deeper and it allows your makeup to look nice and smooth. If you use a gentle exfoliant, feel free to use it daily as long as your skin allows. If you use a stronger exfoliant, only use it 2-3 times a week.
Easy, DIY Exfoliation Recipe:
- Mix 3 TBSP of baking soda with 1 TBSP water.
- Gently apply to your face in circular motions.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- You can substitute baking soda for sugar or salt on your body.
- Salt provides a coarser exfoliation; so do not use it on your face.
- Always exfoliate on a clean face.
- Wash face at least 2 times a day. Morning and night is great because it removes oils produced throughout the night, and then you wash your face and remove makeup and oils produced throughout the day.
- Always wash your face after working out. It is as simple as that. Make sure you get rid of and sweat on your face and body as soon as possible. This will prevent you from breaking out as well.
- Use a lotion with SPF. Even on cloudy days, this will protect your skin from damaging UV rays, allowing your skin to stay younger longer.
A Tip for the Eyes:
- One thing I love doing is applying some light eye shadow on the inner corner of my lid, where the tear duct is. This creates the illusion that you are more awake and that your eyes are bigger.
- Mascara also helps to bring out the eyes. Apply from base to tip of lash on both upper and lower lashes.
By Talia DiFulvio