BarrelThe barrel curling iron is possibly one of the most popular curling irons out there. This tool comes in a variety of sizes, each having a different impact on your hair. Some of the most popular sizes include:
- 2” barrel - this thick barrel isn’t so much meant for curling your hair, but giving a nice rounded flow to the ends of your hair. Those with longer hair will find this curling iron effective in giving a blowout look. Use this in place of your round brush.
- 1 ½” barrel - smaller than the previous one this curling iron gives bold curls full of volume.
- 1 ¼” barrel - possibly the most common size for a barrel curling iron, this gives a nice defined curl that is still loose enough to look natural.
- 1” barrel - this smaller barrel is perfect for those with shorter hair, giving a swept look. These curls will be tighter than the previous options.
- ¾” barrel - for those looking for a vintage hairstyle, this size will often give the best. These clearly defined curls are perfect for many hairstyles.
- ⅝” barrel - those who already have a natural curl to their hair will love this size curling iron. It’s perfect for touching up those hard to manage curls.