Have you been looking for a new way to amp up the look of your eyes and eyelashes? Well try tightlineing! Tightlining gives the appearance of thicker eyelashes. Instead of lining the skin above your lashes, you’ll be lining between your eyelashes. This technique is great for that bare no-make up look but still making your eyes pop.
What You Need
Choose one: (in any color you wish)
- Cake eyeliner and a flat eyeliner brush
- Pencil eyeliner
- Cotton swab/Q-tip (optional)
What To Do
- With your finger or a cotton swab gently lift your upper eyelid. You should now be able to see your upper waterline more clearly.
- Start from the inside corner of your eye and work outwards.
- If you’re using a cake eyeliner you can either use a wet or dry brush. These will give different looks, so try both out and see which you like better. For a wet brush, dip the tip of your brush into water and sweep it through your cake pallet. The consistency of the liner should be thick but slightly runny. Dab the now damp, colored brush across your waterline.
- If you’re using a pencil use short strokes and apply in one direction.
- You can complete this look just for your top water line or for both your upper and lower waterline. Tightlining your lower lash line will intensify this look.
- Finish this look with mascara.
*Note: do not use liquid liners as they are not safe for the insides of your eyes and won’t stay on very long.