Sometimes guys just need to go do something manly. Sure, you can take your date to these places, and they might love it, but these local stops have to be on your bucket list no matter what. If you need some ideas for guys night, a bachelor party, or some “me” time, these are the places to be.
Get a Burger
Lucky 13 is the go-to spot for a great burger. All of their burgers are to die for, but a couple to try are:
-Nut Butter Burger: a house-smoked bacon, peanut butter, habanero, grilled onion, and cheddar cheese delicacy.
-Ring of Fire: house-smoked bacon, roasted jalapeños, roasted habaneros, grilled onions, and cheddar cheese. For people with strong tastebuds and a hankering for burning burps.
-Big Benny: this burger clocks in at a foot tall, stacked with bacon, ham, cheddar, swiss, caramelized onions, Lucky 13 sauce, and 28 oz of fresh ground chuck beef.
-The Lucky 13 Challenge: if you like the sound of the Big Benny but want to take it a step further, you can take on this challenge. You must finish a Big Benny and The Lucky 13 Burger by yourself in one hour. If you complete the challenge, the burgers are on us and they will give you $200. (Contact them for details of the challenge.)
Learn to Make a Meal
If you love food so much, you might want to consider learning how to cook a few fancy meals for yourself. You can take up a cooking class at the nearest Harmons. They offer sushi classes, grilling classes, desserts, and more! If you’re into high-end drinks, they also offer a wine 101 class.
If you find yourself more intrigued by drinks, try visiting High West Distillery. You can take a tour of the distillery, try samples, have a cocktail, and even have dinner at their restaurant. This is the ultimate all-in-one stop.
Go to a Game
If you’re a sports fan, you know all of the sport outings that Utah has to offer. Here are a few that you and your buddies can attend.
- REAL Salt Lake game
- Utah Utes game
- BYU Cougars game
- The Salt Lake Bees game
- Utah Jazz game
- Utah Grizzlies game
While these are not all in season all the time, we’re sure you can make your way to one of these games during the year.
Play a Sport
If you’re more of a do-er and less of a watcher, you might want to get yourself in a sporting event. There are plenty of sports to play around SLC, too.
Golf: A round of golf can give you a chance to hang out in the sun, talk with your buddies, and still drive a little competition.
- Bonneville Golf Course: This course is 18 holes with a great course layout.
- Top Golf: This high-tech golfing game is unlike your regular round. The setup is perfect for a party of dudes on guy’s night.
- Utah Motorsports Campus: Here, you can race go karts at speeds up to 50mph.
- Sky Dive Utah: Whether you consider this a sport or not, it is an adrenaline rush. You can get your licence or, if you’re a seasoned veteran, you can just dive.
- Action Center Paintball: This paintballing arena is outdoors, giving you plenty of room to take down your friends.
- Shooting: You can practice your real shooting in a full-range public shooting center. They even offer some classic cowboy shootout scenarios.
Learn Something New
If you prefer indoor activities, there is still plenty to do all over SLC. Hey, you might even learn something new.
- Visit the planetarium. Clark Planetarium has plenty to offer inside. You can see a movie, a cosmic light show, or check out all the galactic exhibits.
- Visit the museum. The Leonardo Museum is always changing and adding new exhibits. From spooky science to the human body. If you get hungry, they also have the Salt Bistro inside.
- Escape a room. These type of indoor activities are fairly new to SLC. They are an adrenaline rush and a brain game. Mystery Escape Room is the perfect place to out smart the game makers and escape with a win.
Have Some Alone Time
Sometimes, getting away from it all is necessary. Here are some activities for the independent man.
- Motorcycle ride: You can take your bike up the canyon. Be careful during colder months, as ice proves to be problem, but just relax and take it all in.
- Hit the gym: Once you’re cleanly shaven and looking good, hit the gym. Nothing will take your confidence over the top like a good workout. The gym at City Creek offers racquetball, basketball, pools, personal trainers, and more benefits for a month to month fee.
Every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man. Just ask ZZ Top. If you're ready to take your style up a notch, or maybe you're getting ready to marry the love of your life, you should take the time to pamper yourself.
- Have a hot shave: Get a little confidence boost and clean up your facial hair. You can get a hot, straight razor shave from Taylor Andrew’s Barbering. We make our own shaving cream in house.
- Get a hair cut. While you're getting a straight razor shave at Taylor Andrews, get a little trim to clean up your overall appearance. The trendiest men's styles we've seen are:
- The pompadour.
- The slick back.
- The fade.
- The man bun.
Talk to a Taylor Andrews stylist about getting the right cut for you and your style.
- Get a suit. Every man needs a tailored suit. Getting the perfect fit will ensure that you are looking dapper every time you wear it. True Gentlemen offers the easiest way to schedule a fitting: just do it on their website.
Take a break and get out of the office. Let us know if you try out any of these activities by yourself or with a group of friends. Make sure to share your photos with us in the comments below!
If you're interested in learning to become a barber, check out our program.