Highlighting your face is all about putting your best foot forward. Good highlights bring focus and precision to a look. Especially when designing makeup for film, stage, or television, highlights are an important part of focusing the overall aesthetic.
Here are just a few tips for using makeup highlights:
When using bronzer:
- When you put bronzer on, swipe it across the forehead, lightly across the two cheekbones and lightly across your chin, creating a triangle.
- If using a dark bronzer, lightly swipe it under your chin, giving the appearance of a shadow under the jaw and making your face look thinner.
- If not using bronzer, just use blush along the cheekbones, sucking in your cheeks to create an outline of the desired pattern.
Tips for lip and blush highlights:
- Lip liner accentuates your lips, making them look bigger and more appealing. If using lip liner, create a thin line with the lip liner pencil on the edge of your lips and avoid going too far afield onto your skin.
- To avoid getting lipstick on your teeth, stick your finger in your mouth, wrap your lips around it, and pull it straight out.
If you have a passion for hair or makeup, consider a career in cosmetology, starting with an education at Utah’s premier cosmetology school.