Things to Consider
- First look into the attire you will be wearing. For a graduation, the ceremony will include a cap and gown, but after it is over, you will be dressed in your Sunday best. Choose a hairstyle that will compliment your dress or skirt.
- Choose a hairstyle that best fits with your personality. Choosing the right style will help you to look and feel comfortable during the event.
- Find out the strengths and weaknesses of your hair, and try to work with them rather than fighting against them. Curly, straight, or wavy hair each has a specific way of resting, and sometimes fighting against that will cause your hair to fall in a crazy mess. Work with the strengths of your hair for the best style.
- The updo, and even more than that, the messy updo is in style. This gives you some chance to get away from the uniform look while styling it to your needs. This look will usually work best on those who have at least some natural curl to their hair.
- Rather than wearing your hair completely down or all up, consider wearing your hair half up and half down pulled back into something similar to a half ponytail. These looks can be modified to fit in with your style however you choose.
- Some will choose to just keep their hair down. This look can work with all hairstyles and lengths. Don’t do your hair as you do every other day, but do something unique instead. If you normally wear it straight, add curls to change up your style.