Attending a cutting-edge beauty school will be among the most challenging and rewarding experiences of your life. It’s your opportunity to prove you have what it takes to be first in your industry. But success only comes when you prepare for that opportunity. Here are four things you can do to get ready for your time with us:
1. Prepare emotionally:
- There’s no shortage of fun and excitement at Taylor Andrews, but we must also put in the hard work and perseverance required to learn. Improve your work ethic – put in the extra mile. Arrive early and leave late: it will win you both respect and trust.
2. Prepare physically:
- A cosmetologist needs both endurance and strength. Take care of yourself: adopt correct diet habits and maintain fitness through regular exercise.
3. Sharpen your communication skills:
- Listening and responding to client needs is an important part of a cosmetologist’s job, as is the ability to express your thoughts both in class and in practice. If you’re still in High School, make the most of your classes. Really learn the material, rather than coasting for grades.
4. Build an intellectual foundation:
- Your work will require both strong creative instincts and an understanding of the science of hair and makeup. Consider taking classes in both the creative arts and biology and chemistry.
At Taylor Andrews, our mission is to create Incredible Salon Success. That success begins with an incredible cosmetology school experience. Prepare now to be the best that you can be.